Man sentenced in murder of Philadelphia guidance counselor
YEADON, Pa. - April 2, 2013 -- A Philadelphia man charged with a 2008 murder in Delaware County will spend the rest of his life in prison.
A judge sentenced Eddie Tate Tuesday for the murder of Veno Leigertwood.
Officers say the 31-year-old was gunned down outside his Yeadon home in September 2008.
Tate reportedly told FBI agents, he was the driver for two other men, who went looking for a man to rob that day.
Liegertwood worked for the state's "Gear Up" program, which helps students with academics and college enrollment; he was also a real estate investor.
Leigertwood left behind his wife, Raven, and a young daughter.
pennsylvania, delaware county, homicide, shooting, crime
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno 24 min ago
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 16 min ago
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos