Tacony 'dog waste' murderer sentenced to 20-40 years in jail
PHILADELPHIA - April 26, 2013 -- A man convicted of gunning down his neighbor in a dispute over dog waste has been sentenced to 20-40 years behind bars..
28-year-old Tyrirk Harris of Tacony was found guilty back in February of third degree murder.
The victim, 47-year-old Franklin Manuel Santana, was shot and killed on Valentine's Day in 2012.
Santana and his wife Roxanne had just welcomed a six-week-old baby.
Roxanne said her husband had just gotten home from work when he noticed that Harris' dogs, a German shepherd and a Chihuahua, had defecated in his yard.
Neighbors say Santana asked Harris to clean it up. Instead, witnesses said Harris shot Santana in the face and four times in the back, killing him.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, tacony, homicide, shooting, animals, crime
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety