Tacony 'dog waste' murderer sentenced to 20-40 years in jail
PHILADELPHIA - April 26, 2013 -- A man convicted of gunning down his neighbor in a dispute over dog waste has been sentenced to 20-40 years behind bars..
28-year-old Tyrirk Harris of Tacony was found guilty back in February of third degree murder.
The victim, 47-year-old Franklin Manuel Santana, was shot and killed on Valentine's Day in 2012.
Santana and his wife Roxanne had just welcomed a six-week-old baby.
Roxanne said her husband had just gotten home from work when he noticed that Harris' dogs, a German shepherd and a Chihuahua, had defecated in his yard.
Neighbors say Santana asked Harris to clean it up. Instead, witnesses said Harris shot Santana in the face and four times in the back, killing him.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, tacony, homicide, shooting, animals, crime
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 7 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 8 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 37 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed