Phila. dentist, daughter convicted in $5M fraud
PHILADELPHIA - May 2, 2013 -- A jury convicted a Philadelphia dentist and his daughter of defrauding insurance companies out of millions of dollars.
Police say 72-year-old Owen Rogal and his 51-year-old daughter Kim took almost $5-million from 15 different companies.
Investigators say Rogal performed the procedures at his office on 12th and Lombard.
The pair faces a maximum of 236 years in prison and a nearly half million dollar fine.
Sentencing is set for June 13.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, fraud, center city, crime
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions 7 min ago
- Musical mavericks make waves 58 min ago
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7