Phila. dentist, daughter convicted in $5M fraud
PHILADELPHIA - May 2, 2013 -- A jury convicted a Philadelphia dentist and his daughter of defrauding insurance companies out of millions of dollars.
Police say 72-year-old Owen Rogal and his 51-year-old daughter Kim took almost $5-million from 15 different companies.
Investigators say Rogal performed the procedures at his office on 12th and Lombard.
The pair faces a maximum of 236 years in prison and a nearly half million dollar fine.
Sentencing is set for June 13.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, fraud, center city, crime
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos