Mendota students rally to save teacher's job
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Dozens of students in Mendota are rallying behind a teacher who they believe is on the verge of being fired.
They walked out of classes and marched to the school district headquarters Thursday afternoon in support of drama teacher Tahner Filkins. Students say Filkins is being fired, and district officials won't tell anyone why.
Filkins was not a part of Thursday's protest. Officials from the Mendota Unified School District would not comment on the teacher's job status because it is a personnel matter.
mendota, protest, education
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000 46 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base 38 min ago
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 21 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos