New jellyfish exhibit at U.C. Merced
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new exhibit at U.C. Merced is bringing a piece of the ocean onto the campus.
The display features several jellyfish specimens and other marine life.
It's based on the research of a U.C. Merced Professor who helped discover a new family of jellyfish. The exhibit also includes photos and videos from his research in exotic locations.
Professor Michael Dawson says he hopes the display gets more students and visitors interested in science.
The jellyfish exhibit is located on the third floor of the U.C. Merced library.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
u.c. merced, merced, merced county, education
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Accuweather Forecast
22 min ago