Meals prepared locally for Fresno Unified School District students
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With Fresno Unifed students now back in school district employees are keeping busy in both the classroom and the kitchen. The district provides more than 85,000 meals a day, including breakfast, lunch and snacks.
Half of those meals are prepared inside this 100,000 square foot warehouse in Northwest Fresno.
While menu items change daily, special items are made for about 1,000 students who have allergies or specific needs.
The district has to follow state mandated nutritional guidelines. Still, at the end of every school year students are surveyed on what they like and don't like.
fresno county, fresno northwest, fresno unified school district, education, shannon handy
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 43 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos