Fresno Unified offers free T-Dap vaccinations
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of Valley students need more than just school supplies at the start of the new school year. they need a vital vaccination.
A new law requires kids between 7th and 12th grades to be vaccinated for Pertussis or whooping cough.
Fresno Unified School District is offering free T-Dap vaccinations for students 7th grade and up until Friday afternoon. The Mobile Health Unit will be here at the Manchester Center on Blackstone and Shields until Friday, August 26th -- from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
If you can't make it out, you can also go to your private healthcare provider, any Kaiser location or contact the Fresno County Health Department.
The deadline is September 21st.
fresno unified school district, education, linda mumma
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals