Barbara Boxer tours the Valley to talk about education
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Senator Barbara Boxer made a visit to the Valley to talk about education.
Boxer first stopped by the campus of U.C. Merced where she took a quick tour of a lab that's used for projects to study and preserve the Sierra Nevada. She praised the school saying... this type of research is the key to creating green jobs in the Central Valley and across the country.
Then Boxer also visited an after-school program at Lincoln Elementary School in Southwest Fresno. Boxer recently wrote new legislation establishing the first-ever major federal funding for after school programs. But despite the new legislation -- Boxer remains unpopular in the Valley.
Our Exclusive Action News Poll Conducted by SurveyUSA shows only 39% of people in Central California approve of the job she's doing as a senator.
u.c. merced, merced, merced county, fresno, fresno county, education, sara sandrik
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Teens using vapor pens to secretly smoke pot in school
- Neighbors on-edge after Squaw Valley pot bust
- Triple Fresno stabbing appears to be random act
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 56 min ago
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway
- Video: MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in... 43 min ago
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after fire
- Fresno wedding chapel vandalism suspect identified
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway 18 min ago
- Fresno Police arrest Easter morning murder suspect
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Man arrested in Fresno home invasion
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in...
43 min ago