Barbara Boxer tours the Valley to talk about education
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Senator Barbara Boxer made a visit to the Valley to talk about education.
Boxer first stopped by the campus of U.C. Merced where she took a quick tour of a lab that's used for projects to study and preserve the Sierra Nevada. She praised the school saying... this type of research is the key to creating green jobs in the Central Valley and across the country.
Then Boxer also visited an after-school program at Lincoln Elementary School in Southwest Fresno. Boxer recently wrote new legislation establishing the first-ever major federal funding for after school programs. But despite the new legislation -- Boxer remains unpopular in the Valley.
Our Exclusive Action News Poll Conducted by SurveyUSA shows only 39% of people in Central California approve of the job she's doing as a senator.
u.c. merced, merced, merced county, fresno, fresno county, education, sara sandrik
- Merced police on scene of attempted homicide 1 min ago
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- FSU women's basketball headed to NCAA tournament
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach