New chancellor takes the reigns of UC Merced
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- The University of California's newest college campus officially welcomed its third chancellor on Monday - three months after she was appointed to the position.
Dorothy Leland takes the reigns of UC Merced at a pivotal time. This as the 6-year-old university looks to expand and to increase funding to higher education.
Action News Reporter Linda Mumma talked with Leland and shows us what's she's been working on for the last few months. Watch the video for complete coverage.
merced, merced county, u.c. merced, education, linda mumma
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves