S.W. Fresno school design unveiled
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Families in Southwest Fresno have had their first look at the proposed design for a new middle school.
Carver Academy will be built on Martin Luther King Boulevard near Church.
Fresno Unified says the new school will be big enough for one-thousand seventh and eighth grade students.
There are state of the art classrooms, as well as several sports facilities.
People who live in the area have petitioned for years to have a school built there.
Currently children who live in Southwest Fresno have to be bussed elsewhere.
The school is set to open in the fall of 2013. Construction is expected to begin in the spring.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, fresno unified school district, education
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard 22 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals