S.W. Fresno school design unveiled
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Families in Southwest Fresno have had their first look at the proposed design for a new middle school.
Carver Academy will be built on Martin Luther King Boulevard near Church.
Fresno Unified says the new school will be big enough for one-thousand seventh and eighth grade students.
There are state of the art classrooms, as well as several sports facilities.
People who live in the area have petitioned for years to have a school built there.
Currently children who live in Southwest Fresno have to be bussed elsewhere.
The school is set to open in the fall of 2013. Construction is expected to begin in the spring.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, fresno unified school district, education
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer 41 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Accuweather Forecast
48 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos