Charter school vote in Catheys Valley postponed
MARIPOSA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Mariposa County School Board was scheduled to vote on a petition to open a charter school in Catheys Valley. But the vote has been postponed to allow for more negotiations.
Catheys Valley Elementary shut down last year. Now parents there are asking Mariposa County's School Board to approve a petition to open the Sierra Foothill Charter School in the former Cathey's Valley Elementary building.
The school would serve about 90 students and would start with six full time staff members plus a part time teacher's aide. But opponents worry it will take funding away from the rest of the district during an already difficult time.
mariposa, mariposa county, catheys valley, education, sara sandrik
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'