Charter school vote in Catheys Valley postponed
MARIPOSA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Mariposa County School Board was scheduled to vote on a petition to open a charter school in Catheys Valley. But the vote has been postponed to allow for more negotiations.
Catheys Valley Elementary shut down last year. Now parents there are asking Mariposa County's School Board to approve a petition to open the Sierra Foothill Charter School in the former Cathey's Valley Elementary building.
The school would serve about 90 students and would start with six full time staff members plus a part time teacher's aide. But opponents worry it will take funding away from the rest of the district during an already difficult time.
mariposa, mariposa county, catheys valley, education, sara sandrik
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital 7 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders 57 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
7 min ago