Charter school vote in Catheys Valley postponed
MARIPOSA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Mariposa County School Board was scheduled to vote on a petition to open a charter school in Catheys Valley. But the vote has been postponed to allow for more negotiations.
Catheys Valley Elementary shut down last year. Now parents there are asking Mariposa County's School Board to approve a petition to open the Sierra Foothill Charter School in the former Cathey's Valley Elementary building.
The school would serve about 90 students and would start with six full time staff members plus a part time teacher's aide. But opponents worry it will take funding away from the rest of the district during an already difficult time.
mariposa, mariposa county, catheys valley, education, sara sandrik
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos