FUSD holds community meetings on moving IB Academy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Unified will reach out to parents to discuss big changes.
Earlier this month, school board members voted to move the International Baccalaureate program from Wawona Middle School to Cooper... making Cooper the "choice" middle school in the Fresno High area.
The program offers sixth and seventh graders an academically demanding college-prep program.
21 campuses and hundreds of students will be impacted. Critics complain parents and teachers were excluded from the decision.
In an effort to create a smooth transition the district is hosting community meetings at five schools Thursday evening.
Fresno Unified School District
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Birney Elementary - 5pm
Fort Miller - 5pm
Wishon Elementary - 5:30pm
Cooper Middle School - 6pm
Wawona Middle - 6pm
fresno unified school district, fresno county, fresno, education
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno