Group plans community garden near Edison High
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A group of Valley youth is working to make Southwest Fresno a little healthier.
The Fresno Youth Council for Sustainable Communities is planning to build a community garden in the area around Edison High School. Tuesday night they held a meeting to get the community's input.
The young people say that area lacks access to fresh, healthy foods. They're using grant money from the Environmental Protection Agency to build the garden -- but first, they needed the community's help.
"That's what we want. We want to know what people want and what's important to them. And we hope other people are excited about this because we just want them to be happy," said Alice Lindo with Youth Council for Sustainable Communities.
The group is in the process of choosing a site. They hope to begin building the garden in June.
fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, education
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community 10 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co. 56 min ago
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera