Group plans community garden near Edison High
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A group of Valley youth is working to make Southwest Fresno a little healthier.
The Fresno Youth Council for Sustainable Communities is planning to build a community garden in the area around Edison High School. Tuesday night they held a meeting to get the community's input.
The young people say that area lacks access to fresh, healthy foods. They're using grant money from the Environmental Protection Agency to build the garden -- but first, they needed the community's help.
"That's what we want. We want to know what people want and what's important to them. And we hope other people are excited about this because we just want them to be happy," said Alice Lindo with Youth Council for Sustainable Communities.
The group is in the process of choosing a site. They hope to begin building the garden in June.
fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, education
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting 8 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 41 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos