Group plans community garden near Edison High
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A group of Valley youth is working to make Southwest Fresno a little healthier.
The Fresno Youth Council for Sustainable Communities is planning to build a community garden in the area around Edison High School. Tuesday night they held a meeting to get the community's input.
The young people say that area lacks access to fresh, healthy foods. They're using grant money from the Environmental Protection Agency to build the garden -- but first, they needed the community's help.
"That's what we want. We want to know what people want and what's important to them. And we hope other people are excited about this because we just want them to be happy," said Alice Lindo with Youth Council for Sustainable Communities.
The group is in the process of choosing a site. They hope to begin building the garden in June.
fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, education
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- Accuweather Forecast
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos