22 Valley schools listed as California Distinguished Schools
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A big honor for local schools across the state, and 22 Valley schools made the cut.
A big honor for local schools across the state, and 22 Valley schools made the cut.
Among the schools named California Distinguished Schools for 2012 is Lincoln Elementary School on First and Alluvial in Clovis.
State Superintendent Of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson announced Thursday that 387 exemplary public elementary schools in California made the list for their innovative education programs that encourage students to learn and help close the achievement gap.
To be invited to apply for Distinguished School honors, schools must meet a variety of eligibility criteria. Fresno County had 18 other school that were recognized as Distinguished Schools this year, as well as three schools in Tulare County.
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno Co 1 min ago
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman 36 min ago
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore 52 min ago
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Accuweather Forecast
10 min ago