Visalia Unified cuts positions for coming year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley school district has cut several positions for the next school year.
Visalia Unified will be laying off or reducing the hours of seven classified positions.
One of the layoffs will be an office position from the district's main administration office.
The other two will be office positions from two middle schools.
Visalia Unified says the cuts were part of a previous contract agreement.
"That was a two year old agreement and we've actually saved the positions thru one-time funding but we're out of one-time funding and so we did have to complete that layoff agreement," Visalia Unified Superintendent Craig Wheaton said.
Visalia Unified reduced the hours of several employees as part of its transition into opening a new elementary school in August and moving several teachers to the new site.
visalia, tulare county, budget cuts, education
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades