Visalia Unified cuts positions for coming year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley school district has cut several positions for the next school year.
Visalia Unified will be laying off or reducing the hours of seven classified positions.
One of the layoffs will be an office position from the district's main administration office.
The other two will be office positions from two middle schools.
Visalia Unified says the cuts were part of a previous contract agreement.
"That was a two year old agreement and we've actually saved the positions thru one-time funding but we're out of one-time funding and so we did have to complete that layoff agreement," Visalia Unified Superintendent Craig Wheaton said.
Visalia Unified reduced the hours of several employees as part of its transition into opening a new elementary school in August and moving several teachers to the new site.
visalia, tulare county, budget cuts, education
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream 2 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos