Lowell Elementary students get visit from Derek Carr
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students at Lowell Elementary School in Clovis received special inspiration to do their best in the classroom on Friday.
Fresno State Quarterback Derek Carr was on campus to deliver a pep talk.
Fresno Unified is in the middle of a critical testing period for elementary and middle school students.
Carr talked to the kids about his struggles in the classroom when he was their age and how far he's come academically.
The kids also got a boost from Timeout, the Bulldogs mascot who danced to the Beach Boys with a few of the teachers.
fresno county, clovis, fresno unified school district, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, education
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos