Prosecutors Association donates shoes to Kids
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students at Martin Luther King Junior Elementary School are sporting some new shoes tonight thanks to a generous donation by the Fresno County Prosecutors' Association.
As a part of the school's "character counts" program, students earn character cash when they are spotted doing the right thing at school and respecting fellow students. Kids can then take the character cash and buy items at a school store.
The Prosecutors' Association collected and donated 400 pairs of new or lightly used shoes and sandals to the store -- giving students the opportunity to buy them for the bargain price of one character dollar.
"We want to reward the students for their students for their hard work throughout the school year. It's the last store of the year, so to speak, so we wanted to make it an extra special one," said Deputy District Attorney William Terrence.
The Prosecutors' Association first worked with the students at Martin Luther King Junior Elementary School last year when they donated Christmas gifts to the students after another charity backed out due to financial reasons.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, education
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 4 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Accuweather Forecast
46 min ago
- Police are investigating a deadly shooting...
14 min ago