UCSF Fresno underwent a boot camp
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 80 first year doctors at UCSF Fresno underwent a boot camp to take classroom theory and turn it into hands on training.
Instead of books and tests the interns are now diving into real life scenarios using mannequins to help get them acclimated to being inside a hospital emergency room.
Under the watchful eye of faculty and resident physicians first year residents like Melissa practice a variety of methods including adult and pediatric care, airway management and advanced cardiac support.
"We've been here the past few days," Dr. Melissa Dowd said. "We're getting a lot of like computer training and we're getting to know one another. But today you know going through all the stations and kind of learning these key skills that we're going to really be depending on when we get on the floors and get into the ED, it's been very exciting. Yeah."
This was UCSF Fresno's first ever clinical boot camp. They expect to hold this event every year for first year residents.
education, tommy tran
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman 28 min ago
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore 44 min ago
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts