UC Merced sees spike in summer school
MERCED, California (KFSN) -- UC Merced has its largest summer school class in the university's history. Nearly 17-hundred students enrolled in summer classes this year. That's about 25 percent more than last year.
Administrators made a change to the schedule this year to allow more students to take advantage of summer school. In the past, they've offered a six week session and an eight week session that started at the same time. But this year, the second session started as the first one was ending.
Nearly one-thousand students enrolled in both. Many say they're hoping it will help them graduate on time.
Xochitl Roman said, "I think it's better if you try to graduate in four years, unless you do like say double major or something, but I always think four years is better just so you're on track with your life and stuff."
Only about 27 percent of students who enrolled at UC Merced in 2007 graduated in four years.
u.c. merced, merced, merced county, education, sara sandrik
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 21 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'