UC Merced sees spike in summer school
MERCED, California (KFSN) -- UC Merced has its largest summer school class in the university's history. Nearly 17-hundred students enrolled in summer classes this year. That's about 25 percent more than last year.
Administrators made a change to the schedule this year to allow more students to take advantage of summer school. In the past, they've offered a six week session and an eight week session that started at the same time. But this year, the second session started as the first one was ending.
Nearly one-thousand students enrolled in both. Many say they're hoping it will help them graduate on time.
Xochitl Roman said, "I think it's better if you try to graduate in four years, unless you do like say double major or something, but I always think four years is better just so you're on track with your life and stuff."
Only about 27 percent of students who enrolled at UC Merced in 2007 graduated in four years.
u.c. merced, merced, merced county, education, sara sandrik
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos