UC Merced sees spike in summer school
MERCED, California (KFSN) -- UC Merced has its largest summer school class in the university's history. Nearly 17-hundred students enrolled in summer classes this year. That's about 25 percent more than last year.
Administrators made a change to the schedule this year to allow more students to take advantage of summer school. In the past, they've offered a six week session and an eight week session that started at the same time. But this year, the second session started as the first one was ending.
Nearly one-thousand students enrolled in both. Many say they're hoping it will help them graduate on time.
Xochitl Roman said, "I think it's better if you try to graduate in four years, unless you do like say double major or something, but I always think four years is better just so you're on track with your life and stuff."
Only about 27 percent of students who enrolled at UC Merced in 2007 graduated in four years.
u.c. merced, merced, merced county, education, sara sandrik
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball! 54 min ago
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos