UC Merced sees spike in summer school
MERCED, California (KFSN) -- UC Merced has its largest summer school class in the university's history. Nearly 17-hundred students enrolled in summer classes this year. That's about 25 percent more than last year.
Administrators made a change to the schedule this year to allow more students to take advantage of summer school. In the past, they've offered a six week session and an eight week session that started at the same time. But this year, the second session started as the first one was ending.
Nearly one-thousand students enrolled in both. Many say they're hoping it will help them graduate on time.
Xochitl Roman said, "I think it's better if you try to graduate in four years, unless you do like say double major or something, but I always think four years is better just so you're on track with your life and stuff."
Only about 27 percent of students who enrolled at UC Merced in 2007 graduated in four years.
u.c. merced, merced, merced county, education, sara sandrik
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 2 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Accuweather Forecast
53 min ago