High school students get taste of UCs
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of local high school students are learning what it takes to attend one of the University of California campuses.
The students celebrated the end of their UC writing academies with a picnic at Lake Yosemite, near UC Merced Friday.
The goal of the writing academy is to help incoming seniors write an effective UC personal statement for their admissions application.
The students also had a chance to meet with UC Merced professors and learn about financial aid opportunities and other aspects of campus life.
A record 350 students from all across the Valley took part in the writing academies this year.
merced, merced county, u.c., u.c. merced, lake yosemite, education
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party 30 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom 30 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 30 min ago
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos