High school students get taste of UCs
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of local high school students are learning what it takes to attend one of the University of California campuses.
The students celebrated the end of their UC writing academies with a picnic at Lake Yosemite, near UC Merced Friday.
The goal of the writing academy is to help incoming seniors write an effective UC personal statement for their admissions application.
The students also had a chance to meet with UC Merced professors and learn about financial aid opportunities and other aspects of campus life.
A record 350 students from all across the Valley took part in the writing academies this year.
merced, merced county, u.c., u.c. merced, lake yosemite, education
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 7 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case