High school students get taste of UCs
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of local high school students are learning what it takes to attend one of the University of California campuses.
The students celebrated the end of their UC writing academies with a picnic at Lake Yosemite, near UC Merced Friday.
The goal of the writing academy is to help incoming seniors write an effective UC personal statement for their admissions application.
The students also had a chance to meet with UC Merced professors and learn about financial aid opportunities and other aspects of campus life.
A record 350 students from all across the Valley took part in the writing academies this year.
merced, merced county, u.c., u.c. merced, lake yosemite, education
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained 15 min ago
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno 45 min ago
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- Accuweather Forecast
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos