Merced College students start classes without air conditioning
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students returning for the first day of the fall semester at Merced College received a lesson in tough luck Monday.
The air conditioning units in some of the buildings didn't work. Many students fanned themselves in class while crews worked to get the cold air flowing again.
The Dean of Instruction said enrollment is strong this semester and despite the problem with the A/C units it looks to be a good year.
"The first day's looking great. It's very exciting to see all the students looking for their classes and pursuing their goals and being involved," Merced College Dean Kevin Kislter said.
This year Merced College is also celebrating its 50th anniversary and several special events are planned during the school year.
merced, merced county, heat wave, education
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State 9 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund