Back to school means haircuts for some Clovis students
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Back to school also means back to the dress code, and that kept Valley hairstylists busy this weekend.
A Supercuts in Clovis had a steady crowd of customers on Sunday. Many of them were boys who spent the summer growing out their hair.
On Sunday those summer styles got turned into dress-code compliant hairdo's, something some of these Clovis students and parents students put off as long as possible.
"The make it to where it can't touch a collared shirt in the back. And it can't be below the earlobes as far as the sideburns go, so they make you cut it pretty short," parent Jeff Kremer said.
"I like them to cut it as short as possible but still leaving it as long like he likes it so I don't have to be here every couple of weeks to get it trimmed," parent Jennifer Bramwell said.
Boys weren't the only ones who got new haircuts - a few girls were at Supercuts, too, but of course they're allowed to keep their hair much longer.
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members 58 min ago
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos