Fresno Unified students maintain test scores
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New numbers show Fresno Unified students are maintaining scoring levels on the state high school exit exam.
Students are passing the math portion at a rate of 76 percent while English language arts stands at 75 percent.
There was also a nearly six-percent increase in scores in both math and english at hoover high school in Northeast Fresno.
Educators say while they are happy to see students district-wide have not decreased in proficiency efforts continue to help more students pass the exam.
By law, all California high school students must pass the exit exam in order to graduate.
fresno, fresno county, fresno unified school district, education
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos