New Spirit Charter School welcomes students
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new charter school opened its doors for the first time in Central Fresno, offering another school option for parents and students.
The New Spirit Charter School is located at Cedar and Farrin avenues, on the campus of Trinity Lutheran Church. That's across the street from Granite Park.
The free public charter school will serve students from transitional kindergarten through third grade this year. It will eventually expand to include grades four through eight.
Children will experience project-based learning in math, reading, social studies and science. They will also benefit from a physical education and wellness program.
All classes will adopt a service project for the year. One big focus is character education.
Authorized by the Fresno County Office of Education, New Spirit will serve students within and outside of Fresno Unified School District.
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl 4 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park