UC Merced is marking a major milestone
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- UC Merced is marking a major milestone. Ten years ago, state and local leaders took part in a groundbreaking ceremony for the first new UC campus in four decades.
In 2006, three students made up the first graduating class. Now the campus is filled with more than 57 hundred students.
Administrators say the university has invested more than $815 million in the region since 2000. And they say it has achieved the goal of making a UC education more accessible to young people in the San Joaquin Valley.
u.c. merced, education, sara sandrik
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos