Fresno Unified School District not chosen for "Race to the Top" grant
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Unified School District was not selected as a finalist for the "Race to the Top" grant. The grant contains federal funding that could have been worth millions of dollars to the district.
You may remember the dispute earlier this month between the school district and the Fresno Teacher's Association over whether to apply for the nearly $40 million grant.
Both sides eventually agreed, after working out measures that would be used to determine student growth, and teacher assessment.
In a statement, Superintendent Michael Hansen said that through the tuition application process, a stronger partnership was built with the Fresno Teachers Association.
fresno unified school district, fresno, fresno county, education
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 24 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire