College of the Sequoias open Tulare campus
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Tulare County college has opened up a brand new campus in Tulare.
The College of the Sequoias Tulare Center features a 165-thousand square foot instructional facility.
The campus focuses on horticulture, agriculture and architecture but also general education classes.
More than 17-hundred students are expected on campus next week when it opens and 200 are on a waiting list to get in. The $60 million facility was paid for through a bond passed by voters in 2008.
Larry Dutto said, "To build a facility with 100,000 sq. feet of instructional space and another 65,000 for animals and plants that's a huge accomplishment for the community."
Reymundo Buenrosto said, "I love how everything is very open there's tons of windows in every classroom I really like that the breezeway is wonderful as well."
Students will begin classes at the brand new center next Monday, January 14th.
tulare county, tulare, visalia, education, jessica peres
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop 8 min ago
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Accuweather Forecast
33 min ago