Food suppliers show products to school districts
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Valley Food Service is hosting its 14th Annual School Food Show in Visalia.
The biggest food suppliers in the country will be in Visalia on Wednesday to show off their products to local schools. They do it in a fun way -- this year's theme is Fairy Tale Prices.
About 35 school districts and 31 suppliers from all over the country will be in attendance -- all sampling their school-related items.
Simplot, Foster Farms, Hormel, Conagra, Idaho Pacific, Dart Container, Ruiz Foods, and many others will be represented at the show. All the items they will be featuring will be compliant with the ever-changing California state nutritional requirements.
People attending this year's food show will get a chance to sample product and meet supplier representatives and Valley school food service directors.
visalia, tulare county, education, amanda venegas
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about