Fresno State helps students avoid the flu
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Avoiding the flu might be difficult for some this time of year -- especially on a college campus.
Missing class to deal with the flu can make you sick, but Dr. Timeout at Fresno State is helping students keep up with their school work by keeping them healthy during one of the nation's worst flu outbreaks in recent history.
Doctors at the student health center say flu vaccines helped keep most of the student body healthy this year. "We rapidly went from a hundred doses at the beginning of last week to zero," said said Dr. Ruth Avila, Fresno State.
That means since last September, 1,700 students received flu shots on campus. The student health center is now out of the vaccine but school administrators say not to worry. They are handing out free flu kits that provide everything students need to stay healthy -- from cough syrup to hand sanitizer
For more suggestions and steps to avoid contracting the flu, you can visit the Fresno State website.
And if you still need a flu shot, the Fresno County Department of Public Health is holding two more vaccination clinics next week. The first one is next Thursday, January 31st from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the American Legion Hall on First Street.
There will also be another clinic at the Sierra Vista Mall in Clovis on February 2nd from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
fresno, fresno county, fresno state, flu, education
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed