Sell gold, support schools with unique fundraiser
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Schools are often trying to find ways to raise money for their school and programs. But now there's a way to help schools, and get paid too, with a unique gold buying event.
This year students in Fresno and Tulare counties can also benefit.
Fresno County, and now Tulare County schools, are once again counting on your generosity to create a modern-day "gold rush".
All this month, when customers sell gold items to The Coin Gallery, they business will donate a portion of the value to Fresno County schools. The seller can pick from four areas -- academics, athletics, arts, or agriculture.
The program has been such a success in years past that the Tulare County's Office of Education has also joined in the partnership this time.
To date, more than $216-thousand has been raised for local schools. The event runs the month of March.
fresno county, tulare county, education, amanda venegas
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'