Sell gold, support schools with unique fundraiser
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Schools are often trying to find ways to raise money for their school and programs. But now there's a way to help schools, and get paid too, with a unique gold buying event.
This year students in Fresno and Tulare counties can also benefit.
Fresno County, and now Tulare County schools, are once again counting on your generosity to create a modern-day "gold rush".
All this month, when customers sell gold items to The Coin Gallery, they business will donate a portion of the value to Fresno County schools. The seller can pick from four areas -- academics, athletics, arts, or agriculture.
The program has been such a success in years past that the Tulare County's Office of Education has also joined in the partnership this time.
To date, more than $216-thousand has been raised for local schools. The event runs the month of March.
fresno county, tulare county, education, amanda venegas
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom 2 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos