Sell gold, support schools with unique fundraiser
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Schools are often trying to find ways to raise money for their school and programs. But now there's a way to help schools, and get paid too, with a unique gold buying event.
This year students in Fresno and Tulare counties can also benefit.
Fresno County, and now Tulare County schools, are once again counting on your generosity to create a modern-day "gold rush".
All this month, when customers sell gold items to The Coin Gallery, they business will donate a portion of the value to Fresno County schools. The seller can pick from four areas -- academics, athletics, arts, or agriculture.
The program has been such a success in years past that the Tulare County's Office of Education has also joined in the partnership this time.
To date, more than $216-thousand has been raised for local schools. The event runs the month of March.
fresno county, tulare county, education, amanda venegas
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 47 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact