Sell gold, support schools with unique fundraiser
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Schools are often trying to find ways to raise money for their school and programs. But now there's a way to help schools, and get paid too, with a unique gold buying event.
This year students in Fresno and Tulare counties can also benefit.
Fresno County, and now Tulare County schools, are once again counting on your generosity to create a modern-day "gold rush".
All this month, when customers sell gold items to The Coin Gallery, they business will donate a portion of the value to Fresno County schools. The seller can pick from four areas -- academics, athletics, arts, or agriculture.
The program has been such a success in years past that the Tulare County's Office of Education has also joined in the partnership this time.
To date, more than $216-thousand has been raised for local schools. The event runs the month of March.
fresno county, tulare county, education, amanda venegas
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 14 min ago
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses