Women's Alliance collects prom dresses for girls in need
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Women's Alliance students in Fresno have organized a dress drive to collect new and gently-used formal and prom dresses to donate to girls in need.
Women's Alliance is an elective class that connects at-risk students with adult mentors and helps students develop personal behavior and academic skills.
Students also engage in projects to help others in their communities.
- McLane High School -- Wednesday, April 10, 8-9 a.m.
- Edison High School -- Friday, April 12, 7:30-8:45 a.m.
- Fresno High School -- Friday, April 12, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Tehipite Middle School -- Friday, April 12, 2:45-4 p.m.
- Mail to Women's Alliance, 1350 M St. Fresno CA 93721
High school students who would like a donated dress should call 457-3368 to make an appointment. School ID will be required.
The dress drive giveaway will be Saturday April 13th 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Fresno Unified Department of Prevention and Intervention -- 1350 M. Street, Fresno. Located across from the Superior Court at Tuolumne and M Street.
education, amanda venegas
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos