Design Science High students teach kids about college
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Young Central Fresno students got an early start on preparing for college.
Students at Design Science High School went to Heaton Elementary for a lesson on colleges. The Design Science students helped teach Heaton Elementary students about their future choices and how to strive for success.
Each high school student was given a college in or near California -- and set up a booth to teach the kids about it.
The Heaton students ranged from fourth to sixth grade, but they weren't the only ones who learned something from this.
"So when I did this research project it opened my eyes, as well as the kids," said Jessica Morales, Senior Design Science High School.
As admission to college gets tougher it might never be too early to talk to your kids about it.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, education
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos