Design Science High students teach kids about college
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Young Central Fresno students got an early start on preparing for college.
Students at Design Science High School went to Heaton Elementary for a lesson on colleges. The Design Science students helped teach Heaton Elementary students about their future choices and how to strive for success.
Each high school student was given a college in or near California -- and set up a booth to teach the kids about it.
The Heaton students ranged from fourth to sixth grade, but they weren't the only ones who learned something from this.
"So when I did this research project it opened my eyes, as well as the kids," said Jessica Morales, Senior Design Science High School.
As admission to college gets tougher it might never be too early to talk to your kids about it.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, education
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car 21 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list 42 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Surviving the mall's food court 7 min ago
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Consumer Watch: Surviving the mall's food...
14 min ago
- Fresno auto repair shops look for next...
47 min ago
- Freeze takes toll on Valley's $1.5 billion...
4 min ago