Design Science High students teach kids about college
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Young Central Fresno students got an early start on preparing for college.
Students at Design Science High School went to Heaton Elementary for a lesson on colleges. The Design Science students helped teach Heaton Elementary students about their future choices and how to strive for success.
Each high school student was given a college in or near California -- and set up a booth to teach the kids about it.
The Heaton students ranged from fourth to sixth grade, but they weren't the only ones who learned something from this.
"So when I did this research project it opened my eyes, as well as the kids," said Jessica Morales, Senior Design Science High School.
As admission to college gets tougher it might never be too early to talk to your kids about it.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, education
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign 22 min ago
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos