4 Central Unified libraries to stay open for summer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Central Unified wants to make sure kids keep reading during their summer vacation
The school district will keep four different campus libraries open this summer.
At the McKinley Elementary School Library in West Central Fresno, reading adventures will still be at kids fingertips during the summer. They can read about sharks or maybe presidents.
Jonathan Fleener expects to check out books. "Like fictional stuff because they have more potential in the books and they have a lot more to talk about."
Alexey Mazon is another bookworm who will make use of the library. It ties in well with her favorite past-time. "This summer probably just go to Barnes and Noble. I spend a lot of time there reading."
Central Unified Superintendent Mike Berg said it is important that families have continued access to resources. "It's heart-warming to know we can open our facility not only for the enrichment, the literacy, the internet connectivity but also for the cooling center."
The school cafeteria will also be open through the summer so kids can have some lunch.
"We feed them free of charge and even families, if it's parents of the students they can get a meal for $2.50," said Berg.
PG&E donated $7,000 to the program. Libraries and lunch will also be available at Herndon-Barstow and Biola-Pershing Elementary as well as the Central High East Campus.
fresno, fresno county, fresno west central, biola, kerman, education, dale yurong
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 17 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
46 min ago