Back-to-school shopping in high gear
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Back-to-school shopping is kicking into high gear in the Valley.
In an exclusive Action News poll conducted by SurveyUSA -- 52 percent of parents have already started their shopping.
Retailers like Target and Walmart recommend getting a head start on shopping. Because stores often sell out of supplies like backpacks, planners, and lunch boxes well before the first bell even rings.
If you really want to cut corners on supplies -- experts recommend looking at what you already have to avoid buying double.
Things like rulers, crayons and pencils may already be in your child's backpack from last year.
education, linda mumma
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 51 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase 54 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 49 min ago