Back-to-school shopping in high gear
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Back-to-school shopping is kicking into high gear in the Valley.
In an exclusive Action News poll conducted by SurveyUSA -- 52 percent of parents have already started their shopping.
Retailers like Target and Walmart recommend getting a head start on shopping. Because stores often sell out of supplies like backpacks, planners, and lunch boxes well before the first bell even rings.
If you really want to cut corners on supplies -- experts recommend looking at what you already have to avoid buying double.
Things like rulers, crayons and pencils may already be in your child's backpack from last year.
education, linda mumma
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 54 min ago
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos