UC Merced dorm nears completion
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- A large, new dorm is nearly complete at UC Merced, just in time for thousands of students to arrive next week.
The five story residence hall is called "Half Dome." It offers panoramic views of the surrounding landscape, and has enough space for 500 students.
This is the last dorm being built before the university changes its plan for future growth.
The chancellor says a lack of state funding is forcing the campus to cut infrastructure costs by using less land.
University leaders are now considering taller, multi-use buildings, and one off-campus space for administrative support staff.
u.c. merced, merced, merced county, education, sara sandrik
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather