Menudo cook-off helps fund scholarships for students in Tulare County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A huge crowd gathered in the South Valley Sunday to see who makes the best menudo. The first annual menudo cook-off took place at Recreation Park in Visalia.
Eight restaurants from across Tulare County prepared their best batches of the traditional Mexican soup. A panel of judges and those who attended the event got to vote for their favorites.
Along with the food, there was plenty of live entertainment including mariachi and folklorico performances. Organizers say nearly a thousand people attended the event, which was a much bigger turnout than they anticipated.
Proceeds from the cook-off go towards scholarships for students in Tulare County.
visalia, tulare county, education
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety