Oprah Goes Disney
Fresno, CA, USA (KFSN) -- Oprah Winfrey will star in a Disney movie next year, but you'll never see her.
The talk show host will be a character voice in "The Princess and the Frog", which is written and directed by the same guys who did "The Little Mermaid" and "Aladdin".
She'll play the mother of the main character. The movie is a return to hand-drawn animation in the same style as Disney's early movies. But it's also cutting edge because it features Disney's first black princess.
Disney is the parent company of abc30.
oprah winfrey, entertainment
- Deadly shooting investigation in Southwest Fresno 32 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals