'Oprah Winfrey Show' ending in Sept. 2011
CHICAGO (KFSN) -- Oprah Winfrey will announce on her show Friday that "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will come to an end on September 9, 2011.The show will have ended its 25th year on the air when it ends in 2011.
Oprah started her broadcasting career in Nashville, Tenn., and Baltimore, Md., before relocating to Chicago in 1984 to host WLS-TV's morning talk show "A.M. Chicago." That show was renamed "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in 1985.
A year later, Winfrey established Harpo and her talk show went into syndication. In 1990, Winfrey opened Harpo Studios in Chicago's West Loop neighborhood.
Tim Bennett, the president of Harpo Productions Inc., says Friday's show will "mark an historic television moment that we will all be talking about for years to come."
oprah winfrey, entertainment
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
2 min ago