'Oprah Winfrey Show' ending in Sept. 2011
CHICAGO (KFSN) -- Oprah Winfrey will announce on her show Friday that "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will come to an end on September 9, 2011.The show will have ended its 25th year on the air when it ends in 2011.
Oprah started her broadcasting career in Nashville, Tenn., and Baltimore, Md., before relocating to Chicago in 1984 to host WLS-TV's morning talk show "A.M. Chicago." That show was renamed "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in 1985.
A year later, Winfrey established Harpo and her talk show went into syndication. In 1990, Winfrey opened Harpo Studios in Chicago's West Loop neighborhood.
Tim Bennett, the president of Harpo Productions Inc., says Friday's show will "mark an historic television moment that we will all be talking about for years to come."
oprah winfrey, entertainment
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial
- Pacheco High School founding principal loses battle with cancer
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
37 min ago