Osmond son commits suicide by jumping from building
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -- The teenage son of singer Marie Osmond killed himself by jumping from a building in downtown Los Angeles, celebrity news television program "Entertainment Tonight" reported on Saturday.
"ET" said Michael Blosil, 18, leapt from his apartment around 9 p.m. (0500 GMT) Friday after leaving a note saying he intended to kill himself due to a long battle with depression that made him feel as if he had no friends.
The report on ET's website quotes Marie Osmond as saying, "My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time."
los angeles, celebrity, entertainment
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 9 min ago
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier 26 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes