Netflix Delaying Release of Avatar
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Netflix subscribers will have to wait a little longer to rent "Avatar." The online rental company has agreed to postpone the release of the film.
Its part of deal Netflix signed with 20th Century Fox and Universal Studios on Friday that will delay the arrival of new releases up to 28 days after they go on sale on DVD and Blu-ray.
In exchange the studios will provide more movies and TV shows for Netflix to stream online.
"Avatar" will be one of the first films released under this agreement.
movies, television, entertainment
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos