Netflix Delaying Release of Avatar
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Netflix subscribers will have to wait a little longer to rent "Avatar." The online rental company has agreed to postpone the release of the film.
Its part of deal Netflix signed with 20th Century Fox and Universal Studios on Friday that will delay the arrival of new releases up to 28 days after they go on sale on DVD and Blu-ray.
In exchange the studios will provide more movies and TV shows for Netflix to stream online.
"Avatar" will be one of the first films released under this agreement.
movies, television, entertainment
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals