ABC's "Lost" comes to an end
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After 121 episodes stretched over 6 seasons, the ABC hit series "Lost" has finally come to an end.
"I'm really sad that it's ending because it's been one of my favorite shows for the last six years now."
Josh Mcillwain has been an avid "Lost" follower since the first episode. He and his friends sat anxiously inside this Southeast Fresno home Sunday, watching the 4 and a half hour finale special. They threw a party to commemorate the occasion and honor a show some fans say is unlike anything else on TV.
"I love the production quality of this show. It's like watching a little movie every week and it all fits together to be an awesome really long movie."
"Lost" began as a story about plane crash survivors living on a mysterious island. It eventually evolved into a supernatural phenomenon.
Last week's episode snared nearly 8.8 million viewers. And once the final numbers are in, TV critics say the "Lost" finale could be one of the most viewed in history.
"I'm sad but I was glad they set an ending for it because too many shows keep on going forever and then they stop and sometimes they stop in really horrible places."
And while this group is disappointed "Lost" has come to an end, they hoped the finale would give them closure by answering their burning questions about the island and the people on it.
Towards the end, the long awaited episode did not disappoint. "I'm incredibly excited. I love where they're going with this so far and I really have no idea where it's going to end up but I can't wait to see where it ends."
abc, television, entertainment, shannon handy
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 23 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case