Lohan faces judge in Beverly Hills court
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Actress Lindsay Lohan faced admonishment from a judge at a hearing Monday in Beverly Hills.Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel issued a warrant for Lohan's arrest after the actress missed a probation hearing last week stemming from two arrests in 2007.
The star was several minutes late walking into the probation hearing on Monday. Lohan's attorney Shawn Chapman Holley told the judge they were stuck downstairs trying to make their way through a crowd of paparazzi into the courthouse.
During the hearing, the judge ordered Lohan to wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet, to abstain from alcohol and drugs and to submit to random drug and alcohol testing once a week.
She must also attend all scheduled classes.
Holley asked that the "SCRAM" monitoring device not be installed yet, to "allow her also to make a living," saying the actress also has a number of upcoming photo shoots and a current movie project in Texas.
Revel, who reportedly delayed a vacation to hold the hearing for Lohan, was unsympathetic to Holley's request, ordering Lohan to have the device installed within 24 hours. The judge suggested that Lohan may need to "delay" her work in Texas.
"She needs to submit to random drug testing here, not in Texas," Revel said. "There is no excuse if she is in Texas to say she can't show up because then it's not random. So she is going to have to delay that now because it will prevent her from complying with the court's order."
The 23-year-old avoided arrest by posting $100,000 bail, but still faces the other conditions imposed by the judge.
Another hearing was scheduled for July 6 at 8:30 a.m. to determine if Lohan has violated her probation conditions when she missed the previous hearing last Thursday.
celebrity, court, entertainment, lisa hernandez
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos