Lohan faces judge in Beverly Hills court
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Actress Lindsay Lohan faced admonishment from a judge at a hearing Monday in Beverly Hills.Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel issued a warrant for Lohan's arrest after the actress missed a probation hearing last week stemming from two arrests in 2007.
The star was several minutes late walking into the probation hearing on Monday. Lohan's attorney Shawn Chapman Holley told the judge they were stuck downstairs trying to make their way through a crowd of paparazzi into the courthouse.
During the hearing, the judge ordered Lohan to wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet, to abstain from alcohol and drugs and to submit to random drug and alcohol testing once a week.
She must also attend all scheduled classes.
Holley asked that the "SCRAM" monitoring device not be installed yet, to "allow her also to make a living," saying the actress also has a number of upcoming photo shoots and a current movie project in Texas.
Revel, who reportedly delayed a vacation to hold the hearing for Lohan, was unsympathetic to Holley's request, ordering Lohan to have the device installed within 24 hours. The judge suggested that Lohan may need to "delay" her work in Texas.
"She needs to submit to random drug testing here, not in Texas," Revel said. "There is no excuse if she is in Texas to say she can't show up because then it's not random. So she is going to have to delay that now because it will prevent her from complying with the court's order."
The 23-year-old avoided arrest by posting $100,000 bail, but still faces the other conditions imposed by the judge.
Another hearing was scheduled for July 6 at 8:30 a.m. to determine if Lohan has violated her probation conditions when she missed the previous hearing last Thursday.
celebrity, court, entertainment, lisa hernandez
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall 19 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl 57 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty