"Twi-hards" wait nearly 24 hours for movie premiere
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- The wait for "Twilight Eclipse" is finally over. Hundreds of people lined up nearly 24 hours before the first midnight showings at Edward's Cinema in River Park, setting up tents as shade from the triple digit heat.
The book and movie series has girls of all ages obsessed. 13 year old Gabrielle Soyea of Visalia described why. "The romance, the action, the attraction between a werewolf and a vampire ... and it's all about a girl," said Soyea.
The story of a love triangle between a girl, a vampire, and a werewolf also has mothers hooked. They call themselves 'Twi-Moms'. "We're kind of the old crowd ... I don't want to say old. We're in our 30's, and we're are just into this and our husbands think we are absolutely crazy," said Nicole Crandall of Fresno.
In northwest Fresno, about 50 women got together for an adults only event featuring a "Vampire Vineyards" wine tasting and "Total eclipse of the heart" food station. "I think of the book. I think of things that would reflect the characters, the theme, the setting. And I try to bring it together and I really enjoy doing that," said hostess Kim Demaria.
The party also included a peeking Edward and screenings of the first two movies. Though women made their 'team' known by wearing shirts with Jacob's or Edward's name, they were prohibited from saying either's name. "If you say one of the main character's names, someone can take your beads from you. And the end of the night, whoever has the most beads is going to get a present," said Nicole Godbolt of Fresno.
But while women of all ages debate between Edward and Jacob, we found one mom who had no interest in either. "Those are boys. I want a real man. So it's all about Charlie ... Charlie is Bella's dad, Billy Burke. And he's fine!" said Wendi Danyluk.
fresno county, fresno, entertainment, amanda perez
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- Bob Wills home threatened by development 10 min ago
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 47 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
45 min ago
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
38 min ago
- Historic home of country music legend Bob...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos