Female 'Transformers' extra seriously hurt
September 2, 2010 (EAST CHICAGO, Ind.) -- A 24-year-old woman participating in a car stunt suffered a serious head injury during a "Transformers 3" shoot in northwest Indiana one day before filming was supposed to conclude in the Chicago area.
Extra Gabriela Cedillo was injured on the set Wednesday night along a stretch of Cline Avenue, which was closed to traffic for filming.
A stunt was apparently being performed during filming in East Chicago, Indiana, when Sedio, who is not a stuntman, was hurt.
"The vehicle was being towed by another vehicle," said fellow extra Blaine Baker. "The cable between the two vehicles broke. It whipped around and sliced through the woman's car and sliced through her skull, apparently."
Baker said the car was then dragged along a center divider for about half a mile, "grinding the side of the car off."
A medical helicopter was called in to airlift the injured driver to Loyola Medical Center. Indiana State Police are now investigating the accident.
"They completely shut it down. The equipment pertaining to the stunt was impounded by the Indiana State Police," said Baker.
Filming scheduled to take place Thursday at 6 a.m. in Millennium Park has been canceled. Thursday was set to be the last day of "Transformers 3" filming in Chicagoland. It's unknown whether Thursday's cancellation is actually due to the accident. Security personnel at Millennium Park say other shoots have been canceled last-minute as well.
movies, entertainment, jason knowles
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up 24 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Accuweather Forecast
38 min ago