Oprah's farewell season begins
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The queen of daytime talk is about to launch the last season of her show.
We've watched her make people cry, and shed a few tears herself. Her various hairdo's alone, could be a history of styles through the decades. But after 24 seasons with more than 4,000 episodes and 28,000 guests, Oprah Winfrey is saying goodbye to her history-making show.
"The 25th season for me is about celebrating who we are, where we've been, what we've been able to accomplish. It's also about celebrating the viewers for whom none of this would be possible," said Oprah Winfrey.
Oprah says it's been a thrilling ride since her very first show on September 8, 1986. Oprah plans to take viewers back to places she visited, including some controversial spots where prejudice or social injustice existed, to see how people have changed over the years.
Although much of the farewell season is a secret, Oprah fans can expect more special appearances by celebrity guests, music performances, and plenty of wishes-come true for some lucky, Oprah viewers.
"The hardest part for me is going to say goodbye to the viewers. But right now, it's about living every moment and making every one of those moments special," said Winfrey.
Then, an event that's been a year in the making, Oprah promises to pull off one of the biggest surprises in the show's history.
oprah winfrey, entertainment, margot kim
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about