The Annual Kearney Renaissance Fair
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A flame blower and gypsy dancers performed for crowds at the Annual Kearney Renaissance Fair Saturday and Sunday.
King Henry the Eighth and his wife, Catherine Parr, also made an appearance, and people dressed up in their finest and prepared feasts to mark their arrival.
Actors say the annual event takes visitors back in time, and gives them a chance to share their passion with others.
"It's a love of history. It's also a love of acting and performing. It's also a great escape from our normal lives where we can be someone who we're not in real life. You can't walk around Fresno, or San Francisco, or Sacramento with a sword on your hip," said Charles Kenyon.
Visitors can also watch stage performances and mock battles during the renaissance fair, as well as enjoy plenty of food.
fresno county, entertainment
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty 52 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car 38 min ago
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
52 min ago
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos