Controversy over Miley Cyrus smoking from bong
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new video of teen pop star Miley Cyrus is making a big buzz online. TMZ.com obtained this video of the Disney idol smoking from a bong, at her home in LA just days after her 18th birthday.
TMZ says the substance in the bong is not marijuana but salvia-- a psychedelic herb that is legal in California.
Miley's dad -- rockstar Billy Ray Cyrus -- posted on Twitter hours after the video leaked, saying he was saddened.
So far, there's been no comment from Miley or a representative.
Disney is the parent company of ABC30.
celebrity, disney, entertainment
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
36 min ago